Yeah, yeah, yeah…
Mariah Carey did come clean to numerous magazines about how she rid the baby weight she gained after shooting out twins from her WHO-HAW in 2011. Apparently she had Jenny Craig hold her hand as she tried not to slip and fall in her own sweat at the gym.
(You dominate that treadmill Mariah!)
But I cannot help but bring up a diet she tried back in the day that is just utterly head-scratching.
Rules of Food Combining:
- Starch & Sugar should not be eaten with protein and acidic fruits
- Starch and Sugar should only be eaten with oils, cream or butter
- Non-Root Vegetables should be eaten with EITHER starch or protein
- Wait four hours between starch laden meals and protein filled meals
Mariah noted that this diet was so EFFING confusing, she decided to just stop eating. That’s how she wound up losing enough weight to be able to fit back into her high school cheerleading outfit.
(Captain of the cheerleading squad?)
Okay, I have no idea if she was on the cheerleading squad, she could have been the bad ass behind the dumpster toking up for all I know, but she did note her body was back down to the size of a 17 year olds’.
(Just the way Nick Cannon likes it)
Don’t start digging your extra large spoon into a tub of cream topped with sugar because you think Mariah’s body looks “banging”.
Multiples studies state, “the idea that certain foods and nutrients were not intended to be eaten together is not logical.”
- We were designed to consume breast milk as babies to grow and thrive. Breast milk is a combination of carbohydrates, protein and fat.
- The body was designed to secrete a variety of digestive enzymes, which are capable of breaking down any food or combination of nutrients at the same time.
- Most foods naturally contain a combination of carbohydrates, protein and fat that aren’t designed to be separated.
Hopefully Mariah’s stint on American Idol is a little less fleeting than this more confusing than calculus diet she tried back in the day.
(Mariah’s approach to food combining: Big Mac, Fries and a Soda)
What do you think of Mariah’s old diet? Do you think it’s a stupid fad or do you believe in food combining?
- Mariah Carey – Mariah Carey Lands Two New Nail Polish Lines (contactmusic.com)
- Low Carbohydrate Diets Help Maintain Weight Loss (losethattyre.co.uk)
- First Listen: Mariah Carey- “Triumphant (Get ‘Em)” featuring Rick Ross And Meek Mill (1015jamz.cbslocal.com)
- Candid Moments: Mariah and Son Moroccan (livelyindepthmusicent.com)
- Peach & Love (toliveanddietinLA.blogspot.com)
- Don’t Bother Mastering This Cleanse (gigieatscelebrities.com)